Our data and technology client in Chicago is looking for a talented and passionate Business Intelligence Developer. As part of the BI team, you will be responsible for helping to develop visualizations for datasets that are used by fortune 500 brands and retailers. Day-to-day, you’ll come up with creative solutions to complex problems, and learn new skills to complement your existing abilities.
- Build attractive and rich client-facing dashboards and reports.
- Help develop and implement use of BI tools.
- Training internal and external users in Spotfire/Tableau
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the platform and configurations to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Evaluate the technical trade offs of decisions and build things that last and scale.
- Maintain and fix existing configuration issues.
- Create and analyze new configuration technologies – figuring out how we can scale up our solutions and tools
- 3+ years of experience in business intelligence
- Advanced development capabilities with BI tools such as Spotfire; ability to drill-down or drill-through to other supporting reports.
- Experience with setting up extract refreshes and data connections on Spotfire server and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with SQL writing and debugging skills in its variation among databases (Snowflake, PostgreSQL and Redshift).
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards.
- Knowledge in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.).
|Location||Remote (For Now)|