Our insurance client in Wisconsin is looking for a passionate person to help drive the design and implementation of a modern data platform for the company. The platform will bring together data from across the environment to enhance the client experience while also delivering outstanding insights. The Data Architect is a highly strategic, analytical, organized, motivated leader who loves data and technology.
- Drive the creation and planning around the architecture and design of the company’s strategic data platforms.
- Translates strategic needs into architectural / engineering roadmaps, goals & achievements
- Deep hands-on expertise to help craft and improve foundational data activation capabilities, platforms, frameworks, and services
- Partners with internal and external engineering teams to translate business requirements into technical architecture.
- Leads tooling proofs, selections and recommendations for cloud-native, industry-leading products along with emerging, start-up offerings.
- Facilitate Enterprise Architecture practice to align on design principles and desired-state architecture
- Data systems architecture experience, designing larger scale data engineering solutions, break down to smaller goals, prioritization
- Experience with end-to-end data engineering and analytical solutions is required
- Deep public cloud experience (AWS preferred) is a must
- Expertise in streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and batch (e.g. Airflow, AWS Glue) data transport technologies
- Expertise in cloud data warehousing technology (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake) and handling an enterprise data lake (Databricks)
- Experience with the technical programming to access and extract data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement large, sophisticated data models by combining, synthesizing and structuring data
|Location||Remote (For Now)|