We are seeking a Data Scientist for our large media client in Ohio. The Data Scientist will partner with the analytics team, analytics products and services director, business leaders and end users to be a change agent – teasing out the questions that are important to our business, and then use statistical analysis and data mining techniques to inform the answers and communicate conclusions both visually and in writing, along with recommendations and next steps. The Data Scientist will also participate in the creation and measurement of new business processes, tools, and products.
- Influence the course of the business as a trusted advisor to business leaders, users and clients, using data and analytics as a basis for better, more informed decision making
- Create automation applications to replace tasks for critical revenue generating teams decreasing time dedicated to non-revenue generating
- Mine large amounts of data and perform data analysis to extract useful business insights for a wide range of topics including product development and performance, market dynamics, consumer and audience knowledge, internal operations, and external research
- Use software and other tools to develop analyses that identify patterns, influences, correlations, relationships, predictive factors, risk factors, and that provide better situational awareness
- Support the development of Scripps analytics products and services by providing input into product roadmaps
- BS Degree
- 5+ yrs experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience presenting complex analyses and final recommendations to business leaders and external clients
- Analysis techniques such as marketing mix modeling, scenario modeling, pattern detection, A/B testing, nearest neighbor, cluster analysis, sentiment analysis, decision trees, optimization, simulation, regression analysis, ensemble models, collaborative filtering, etc.
- Snowflake Database experience preferred
- Python, RapidMiner, R, MySQL and Tableau experience preferred
|Location||Remote (For Now)|