This position will perform system administration activities within the client’s IT – System Administration team. This team is responsible for the operational support activities of physical and virtual servers. The ideal candidate for this position has experience with both Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) running in a VMware virtualized environment based on Cisco UCS hardware.
- Contributing to the daily management of a diverse infrastructure containing server systems using PowerShell, Ansible, SCCM, BigFix, or other automation solutions.
- Supporting internal and external customers to provide resolution to Service Requests and Incidents.
- Provide performance analysis, installation and tuning of the infrastructure including hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Execute all system changes with adherence to a Change Management policy.
- Conduct timely and accurate patching and upgrades.
- Collaborates with the Infrastructure team to develop server standards and ensure they are maintained and adhered to.
- Design and implement enterprise Windows Server or RHEL solutions that meet business requirements and align with defined strategies and compliance requirements.
- Passion for learning new things, building relationships, and working on a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to document and maintain system administration processes and procedures.
- Assists with the management of NERC CIP and SOC1 compliance – translate requirements and validate processes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, (or 4 years relevant work experience equivalency)
- At least 2 years of related Information Technology experience required
- IT troubleshooting and triage methods
- IT Service Management and the ITIL Framework
- Ability to write and support scripted automation (Shell scripting, Ansible, PowerShell, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of IT security best practices
- Core IT technologies: Active Directory, DNS, CIFS or NFS, server OS deployment and configuration, virtualization, system hardening, and security patch management
- Knowledge of server hardware architecture; Cisco UCS and Hyperflex preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Office 365 Experience is a plus
- Microsoft MCSE: Core Infrastructure is a plus
- RedHat Linux experience is a plus
|Location||Carmel, IN (Remote optional)|
|Type||Contract-to-Hire (6 months)|